improving performance and competitive position by simplifying complex processes
We improved the collaboration of Welser Profile with its customers by developing and implementing a platform that enables the customer toindependently create a desired product in a short time.
The main challenge is that there were many tools (communication tools, internal tools for creating profiles etc.) that were used for the finished products. This made the ordering process very complex and lengthy.
Welser profile wanted to simplify complex processes and automate them in order to improve the performance and competitive position.
- Creation of a platform for collaboration with customers from the idea to the finished product
- Customers can easily create their own profiles and order them from Welser Profile when they are finished.
- Additionally they receive direct feedback on the feasibility of a specific profile they construct
- Customers should be able to use the platform regardless of their know-how, even without prior knowledge of CAD tools
Thanks to the new platform, customers only need a browser to use the Welser Profile Creator. Once they have registered, they can easily decide which basic shape they want to start with. The shapes can be changed individually by adding holes or other elements to the profile. Once the user has completed the design, he can contact Welser Profile support for immediate feedback on the design.
The web platform described above will only be the first part of the entire ordering process. By continuously improving the application, customers will be able to place orders directly on the platform without any human assistance.
Cloudflight develops individual software solutions. For the Welser Profile-Creator, they were doing the software solution design, implementation and testing.
Welser Profile are developing complex cross section profiles in close collaboration with their customers’ needs and requirements using steel, stainless steel and non-ferrous metals for virtually every application you can think of.
- Do you want to have close customer collaboration?
- Do you want to have an individual solution for creating your products with your customers.
- Get in touch with us and let us talk about how we can support you!
Industry Focus Leader
Machinery & Plant Engineering
Jan Mentel is Tech Analyst and Innovation Advisor at Cloudflight Group, initiator of the Digital Leader Summit and IFO Leader of Machine & Plant Engineering. He is responsible for supporting companies in this industry to implement agile methods and software tools as well as to bring a digital way of thinking into companies.