Digital support for the learning process
Asylum seekers in Austria need to take German courses that contain some of Austrian values. The “My Integration” – App offers assistance during the learning process by providing explanations regarding those values, as well as a simulation for the real exam.
Asylum seekers in Austria need to attend obligatory take mandatory German courses which are concluded with by an exam. In From October 2017 on these language courses were extended by with a part about Austrian values.
Only a few participants had access to a computer, which made it difficult for them to prepare lessons independently and to learn according to their individual learning level. Moreover, it was not possible before to practice with real exam questions and to see their own progress directly.
Since the majority of the target group owns a smartphone, the idea was born to develop an app for Android and iOS that would assist the people taking the course.
- A study function that allows users to read the studying material sorted by category. The content is displayed in a language selected by the user.
- An exercise feature that allows users to answer exam-like questions, with immediate evaluation. Here, users can choose between different levels of German (A1-B2).
- A simulation feature, where users can test their knowledge by answering 18 questions in an exam-like setting, including an evaluation at the end. Again, users can choose between different levels of German (A1-B2).
- Do you need an application that assists people in taking a course?
- Want to implement an application that simulates an exam with evaluation at the end?
- We are happy to support you in planning as well as implementation.